Well, i took a long time thinking about my blog name… (is it a blog name? whatever) so here how it goes:
i need to create a blog
i am sitting on the floor with my pink laptop (so girly) on my lap facing the wall, i am wearing red shirt with an “inspired” print on it, black denim shorts (not that really short; just above my knee), and a green ‘polka dotted’ socks (THIS IS IRRELEVANT)
i badly wanted to have a unique name
2:53 PM 1/31/2015:
search for the translation of “somebody” in different languages, i am not that contented with the results so i browse for the ways to create a unique blog name
http://www.spinxo.com/blog-names this site is on topmost of the results, i think it’s adorable because i just have to fill in with the topics im interested in, important words that should be included in the name of the blog, the focus, numbers and any other keywords and after that i just have to click the button ‘spin’ and BOOM! that site helped me create a name out of the words i have entered in the fill in boxes. But the names do not satisfy me… some results are so funny, weird and annoying
this second site gave me an idea to associate my blog name to my name; my name to blog name — http://www.nosegraze.com/how-to-choose-a-good-blog-name/
Here are some tips from that site (i did copy these; credits to that site):
- Make it stand out! You don’t want it to look like every other blog name out there.
- Make it visual. If people associate your name with something visual, that will make it more memorable.
- Make sure it’s spelled like it sounds.
- Keep it simple. If your name is complex or long-winded, people might be less likely to remember it
- Do your research. Find out how popular or unique your name really is. You want one that stands out; one that no one else has.
- Decide what kind of name you want. Do you want one that clearly describes your blog? Or do you want a 100% unique word or phrase that has no obvious meaning?
well, to be honest, i did not follow all those TIPS… my blog name is kinda long and is not that easy to read.
3:34 PM 1/31/2015:
thanks to my sister, Katrinne, for her brilliant idea… i searched for the meaning of my name “Alexandrinne” in Google
but since the “did you mean: Alexandrine” is keep on popping under the search bar, i decided to click the link: Alexandrine
and here’s the meaning of it:
An alexandrine is a line of poetic meter comprising 12 syllables. Alexandrines are common in the German literature of the Baroque period and in French poetry of the early modern and modern periods. – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandrine
(ˌælɪɡˈzændraɪn; -drɪn; -ˈzɑːn-) prosody
A line of verse having six iambic feet – http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Alexandrine+Verse
“line of verse having six iambic feet” — i decided to choose this as the name of my blog because that is what “Alexandrine” meant and it fascinates me whenever i google-d “line of verse having six iambic feet” my name with a single n will be on the result list. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.